Sunday, July 15, 2007

I had a dream

Okay, so last night, I had this really weird, but really challenging dream. I couldn't think of anything else to type about today, so here it goes!

My dream started when I was in a doctors office. I was sitting in the examination room when the doctor came in with a stale face. He said, "Son, I'm going to get straight to the point. After a few tests, we've found a tumor in your brain. You have around 2 months to live." It took me a minute or two to process what the doctor just said. I went out of the office and headed home. The first person I saw was my Mom. I walked up to her with some anxiety. As I was telling her the news of my newly found tumor, this overwhelming peace came over me. My Mom started to get a little upset when I broke the news to her, but God helped me comfort her. I said, "Mom, It'll be okay! This didn't catch God by suprise! I know that their is a perfect plan for this!" So, around 2 months later, I was in the hospital on my death bed. All my family and friend were around me, and they seemed upset. As I looked at all of their faces, I laughed to myself. One of my friends asked me what was funny. I replied to him saying, "Why are you guys sad? I'm the one that should be sad for you! You see, I get to go home a little earlier than you guys do. I don't have to face the struggles of life and the sins of the world as long as you have to. I'm about to see my savior, while you all have to wait just a little longer. Don't be sad! I want my death to be a celebration!" As I said that, I feel asleep on my bed, and woke up in the real world.

Okay, so I know that my dream is WAY corny, but it was challenging to me. If I were in that same situation in my "real" life, would I have reacted in the same way? I hope I would. I hope that I would look more to my eternal future, than be stuck in the present.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi there, i didn't know you had a blog. that's a pretty cool story (not that you died) it makes me wonder if that's how i would react to something like that.